Friday 11 September 2015

Why "Beyond Motherhood"? For women who is more than "just" a Mother.

First of all I was born a Girl and I am Proud, but being proud was obviously insufficient.  I have been through various situations in life, where the question arose all the time, as if to awaken my consciousness; "Am I inferior from boys?

The Mauritian Sega  which years ago was being played constantly on the radio saying that “Garcon 1er lot Tifi 2eme lot” (Boys being considered as "first lottery winner" - Girls as "second lottery winner" Linzy Bacbotte - Mama Papa) have been a real frustration and confusion during my  childhood. I have always questioned my parents about what does the singer  meant by this sentence, and
 their answers were not always reassuring.

I had the opportunity to attend an All-Girls school, where I made the acquaintance of different background, who manifestly trying to fit in a place. I have also had the opportunity to study the status of women in the society as a whole (both locally and internationally), with the example of medieval India, which made it clear: Some of us are still living and thinking according to ancient Time.

As I have  mentioned, living with my mum has personally allowed me to get closer to her, to observe her strength, her emotional aspect and her Unpredictable and myriad feelings. I can affirm that not everyone has this “opportunity”, very often routine does not enable us to contemplate a woman worth.

I have grown up in the “Female Delinquency in the Emancipation era” term used by Roger.J Berger, and today I have my place in this Mauritian Society, I am gratified of being a voter, lucky for being educated and independent citizen, but alas, perceptions remain ... Trudy Vesotsky claimed: “Perception is Projection!” The way you see people is the way you will treat them.

I am a woman and certainly will be one of the mother of the future, and during my lifetime, Womanhood, Matriarchy, Feminism are words that have always captivated my attention, the way women act, the way they think  and the differences between each of them have always fascinated me. I think my determination and concern on this topic derived from one desire: Society need to understand women, men should at least try to appreciate them, their feelings, and their behaviour being a Woman in this Society.


Yes ! I definitely had a  “Feminist” upbringing -a strong word.

No! I do not hate men.


Yes ! Life’s Circumstances always wanted me to reflect and understand this topic : why and How?

For women who is more than "just" a Mother.

4 comments:

  1. Very empowering post. It awakens something powerful within me, to make me think about several small moments where there are clear gender issues. I like how you call upon the world to understand the women and you're not bringing down men to do so. I look forward to seeing your future posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow :) that's the aim... empowering women has been a burning issues since decades :) and the blog is here to awaken today's society,about the tiny things that "unconsciously" might affect women. Thanks Nancy

      Delete
  2. Your post is very impressive. The way you talk about your passion for empowering women in Mauritius is nicely done. I am not a feminist but the part "garson premie lot, tifi deziem lot" really makes me think how here in Mauritius people really believe. Keep it up :) Looking forward to read more from you.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my very great pleasure.Unfortunately they do and very often we do not realise. Thanks for your sweet words and your kind support. . Keep following Laura
      Cheers ;)

      Delete